Thursday, February 27, 2014

CHAPTER TWO, continued: DENIAL: December 2009

If you have not been following my divorce memoir, please start at the beginning.

(All names are changed)


December 26, 2009

What a nice Christmas Day. All the kids are here so I am extremely happy. Well, all but one are here.
Our youngest daughter, Kelsie, and her husband, Patrick, flew into Philly on the twentieth then drove up to Maine with his family for Christmas. But they’re coming back at the end of the month so we’ll see them again and have our News Year’s Eve Seafood Feast before they go back to college.
 
I took some pictures of our Christmas trees, but not many. I kept forgetting to get my camera out. That is so not me.
Thank you, Heavenly Father, for a wonderful day.
 
 
December 27, 2009
We all went to my brother’s house to celebrate the holidays with the cousins. My mom and her husband flew up from Florida. Six of us siblings were there. My one brother just had twin girls. They are so darling. I brought my camera and remembered to take lots of pictures.
It’s heartwarming to see the older cousins, all in, or just out of, college, interact with the younger cousins. My kids all love getting together with my family. I don’t know how much longer we’re going to be able to do it. Two are in college and my oldest two just graduated and have jobs out west, so it’s hard for them to get time off to come back east.
I will savor this holiday season. I don’t know how many more will be like this. My children are getting older and who knows where they’ll all be next year. Matt will be on his mission.
Empty nesting is for the birds.
 

No comments: